The women’s varsity team as well as 4 runners from the men’s team qualified and competed at the AHSAA State Championship meet that was held last Saturday Nov 12th at the Jesse Owens course in Danville Alabama. It was a beautiful, crisp morning perfect for setting PR’s.
From the women’s team, Prattville was proudly represented by seniors Savannah Cowart and Beth McKee, junior Susan Short, sophomores Sophia Loy, Kendra Jacobs, Lindsay Gappa, & Katlyn Gappa, and 8th Grader Rebecca Schannep. The 4 individual runners from the men’s team earning their spot at States were seniors Deland Saville, Kevin Jacobs, & Lukas Davis, and 8th Grader Gabe Rissman.
Special congratulations to the following runners for their personal accomplishments at States:
- Beth McKee – accomplished what every runner strives for, to end their cross country career running a PR. However, Beth not only ran a PR, she achieved this goal in spectacular fashion by slashing 33 seconds and breaking the 24 threshold!
- Sophia Loy – dropped 36 seconds to beat her PR, finished 1st for Prattville, and placed 94th in the top 100 of 7A schools with a time of 22:06.
- Kendra Jacobs – cut 34 seconds and ran a PR with a time of 22:14.
- Rebecca Schannep – shaved off an incredible 57 seconds to run a PR and placed 4th for Prattville.
- Lindsay Gappa – ran her personal season’s best time.
- Deland Saville – also ran the race of his life to end his running career at Prattville by dropping 20 seconds to beat his PR, finished 1st for Prattville, placed 82nd in the top 100 of 7A schools with a time of 17:33 and has earned a place in PHS cross country history as the 4th fastest runner of all time.
- Gabe Rissman – lopped off an impressive 51 seconds to run a PR and placed 2nd for Prattville with a time of 17:40. He also earned his spot in the PHS XC record books as the 5th fastest runner of all time.
- Kevin Jacobs – to end his PHS XC career, ran his personal season’s best time of 17:53 while still retaining his legacy as PHS’s 2nd fastest runner of all time.