9/23/17: Prattville runners, check your results: You get a PR! You get a PR! You get a PR! . . . And so it went this weekend when the Prattville cross country teams traveled to Pensacola, Florida to compete in 4 divisions at the Gulf Coast XC Stampede among almost 1000 runners from 48 schools. Collectively, Prattville runners earned 3 medals, and set 19 career PRs (personal record). Coach Arkle said it was a “Great Race” and was “very proud of everyone!” Prattville’s many impressive performances include the following:
VARSITY GIRLS (1st race – 7:30am)
- Catherine Ragsdale (7th Grade) – BIG PROPS to this 7th grader that slashed 1:47 off her PR to finish first for Prattville and 54th overall out of 263 runners. Her time of 21:25 is the season’s fastest time and 6th fastest in PHS history.
- Elizabeth Allen (Freshman) – ran “gutsiest” race of the season – was in 50th place at 3-mile mark when her hotel continental breakfast resurfaced. Immediately after the purge, like a pro, Lizzie raced down the homestretch to finish 2nd for Prattville, placed 60th overall, and still beat her PR by 42 seconds.
- Kaylin Mayers (Sophomore) – placed 3rd for Prattville and beat her PR by an impressive 1:11.
- Emma Nelson (Sophomore) – placed 4th for Prattville and cut her PR by 25 seconds.
- Sarah Foster (Senior) – dropped 10 seconds off her PR.
- Kaylee Wesolowski (Junior), Sarah Holston (Sophomore), and Susan Short (Senior) finished 5th, 6th, & 7th in Prattville’s scoring slots respectively.
VARSITY BOYS (2nd race 8:30am)
- Wesley Domsalla (Senior) – Congratulations to Wes for receiving Top-25 honors with his 22nd place finish out of 313. His time of 17.07 is the 2nd fastest time in Prattville history behind Kole Pettit’s 16:52.
- Ryan Holtzscher (Junior) – placed 2nd for Prattville and 102nd overall with time of 18:25 beating his PR by 22 seconds.
- Nathan Gillespie (Senior) – placed 3rd for Prattville and beat his PR by 34 seconds.
- Carter Gracin (Sophomore) – beat his PR by 26 seconds and placed 7th for Prattville.
- Tyler Cox (Junior), Daniel Word (Senior), and Ben Hicks (Senior) finished 4th, 5th, & 6th in Prattville’s scoring slots respectively.
JV BOYS (3rd race 9:00am)
- Raul Ortiz (Junior) – led the Prattville JV team and placed 109th overall out of 265 runners.
- Alex Bibb (7th Grade) – placed 2nd for Prattville and cut 34 seconds off his PR.
- Tyler Molen (Freshman) – placed 3rd for Prattville and cut 28 seconds off his PR.
- Tyler Dillon (Junior) – cut an amazing 2:43 off his PR and placed 6th for Prattville.
- Kaleb Arensmeyer (Sophomore) – Shaved 3 seconds off his PR.
- Lucas Salley (Freshman) – cut 29 seconds off his PR.
- Kayden Finkbeiner (Senior) – cut an impressive 1:01 off his PR.
- Christopher Foster (7th Grade) – cut 43 seconds off his PR.
- James Gaston (8th Grade) – dropped 16 seconds off his PR.
- Wolfe Dudle (Sophomore), Jude Coulter(Sophomore), and Griffin Hyatt (Junior) finished 4th, 5th, & 6th in Prattville’s scoring slots respectively.
JV GIRLS (4th race 10:00am)
- Sophia Loy (Junior) – Won 1st place in the JV race out of 150 runners with a time of 21:59 beating her PR by 7 seconds.
- Kendra Jacobs (Junior) – placed 3rd overall in the JV race.
- Caroline Cruz (Junior) – cut her PR time by an amazing 1:47.
- Sydni Fuqua (Senior), Morgan Tucker (Junior), Stella Mitchell (7th Grade), & Kirstin Williams (Senior) placed 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th in Prattville’s scoring slots respectively.
DANCE BATTLE (Last Event)
Griffin Hyatt was the last Prattville Lion standing (dancing) before being eliminated by the judges in the post-race dance-off among a crowded field of too many sweaty, smelly runners to count.
Complete Race Results can be found at this link: Gulf_Coast_Stampede_Results