10/14/17: On this humid Saturday morning, the Prattville cross country men’s and women’s teams competed at the Warhawk XC Challenge held on the beautiful trails of the AUM campus in Montgomery. Racing against 20 teams, the Prattville men’s team, led by junior Ryan Holtzscher, had to dig deep to secure 3rd place (last trophy slot) as they edged out ACA by just 2 points. The Prattville women’s team, led by 7th grader Catherine Ragsdale, also had a solid showing as they placed 4th out of 13 teams. Complete results can be found at AUM Warhawk Results. Standout performances included:
- Ryan Holtzscher (Jr.) ran a personal record (PR) of 18:00 to place 15th overall out of 249 runners and led the Lions to a 3rd place finish.
- Nathan Gillespie (Sr.) dropped 20 seconds from his PR to finish in Prattville’s 2nd scoring position.
- Alex Bibb (7th Gr.) ran a PR to finish in Prattville’s 6th scoring position.
- Gabe Rissman (Fr.), Jude Coulter (So.), Daniel Word (Sr.), & Tyler Cox (Jr.) helped the team take 3rd place by finishing in Prattville’s 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 7th scoring positions respectively.
- Catherine Ragsdale (7th Gr.) led the Lady Lions to a 4th place finish and earned Top-10 honors by finishing 8th overall out of 165 runners.
- Sarah Holston (So.) dropped 31 seconds from her PR to finish in Prattville’s 4th scoring position.
- Lizzie Allen (Fr.), Kendra Jacobs (Jr.), Emma Nelson (So.), Susan Short (Sr.), & Sydni Fuqua (Sr.) helped the team take 4th place by finishing in Prattville’s 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th & 7th scoring positions respectively.
Congratulations to the following runners for setting new PRs:
- Sarah Holston (So) – 31 sec
- Ryan Holtzscher (Jr) – 3 sec
- Nathan Gillespie (Sr) – 20 sec
- Alex Bibb (7 Gr) – 3 sec
- Tyler Dillon (Jr) – 42 sec
- Tyler Molen (Fr) – 2 sec
- Mauricio Reinaga (Jr) – 22 sec
- James Gaston (8 Gr) – 28 sec
- Matthew Foster (8 Gr) – 45 sec
- Dalton Atchison (So) – 21 sec
- Shivam Patel (Jr) – 1:11
The teams will compete next Saturday at the Auburn Tiger Classic held at Kiesel Park in Auburn. This will be the last race before sectionals:
- Girls Varsity 8:00am
- Boys Varsity 9:20am
- JV Girls & Boys combined 10:40am