10/21/17: On this delightfully cool Saturday morning, the Prattville cross country men’s and women’s teams competed in the 5A-7A divisions at the Auburn Tiger Classic. This was the last regular season race and was a test run for Sectionals to be held in less than two weeks on the same course at Keisel Park in Auburn in which the top 10 runners from both teams will compete to qualify for the State Championship race. Both teams raced well producing a total of 14 PRs (personal records); however, the day belonged to 7th grader Catherine Ragsdale who placed 9th overall with a time of 20:36 moving up to the 3rd slot on the PHS Women’s XC all-time leader board (just 2 seconds away from 2nd place). Complete results can be found at Auburn Tiger Classic Results. Standout performances included:
- Catherine Ragsdale (7th Gr.) cut 36 seconds from her PR to run 20:37, placed 9th overall out of 120 runners, received a 9th place medal, and again led the Lady Lions to a 4th place finish out of 9 teams.
- Sarah Holston (So.), beating her PR for the 3rd race in a row, dropped 39 seconds to finish in Prattville’s 5th scoring position.
- Emma Nelson (So.) slashed an amazing 57 seconds from her PR to finish in Prattville’s 6th scoring position.
- Lizzie Allen (Fr.), Sophia Loy (Jr.), Kendra Jacobs (Jr.), & Kaylee Wesolowski (Jr.) helped the team take 4th place by finishing in Prattville’s 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th & 7th scoring positions respectively.
- Wes Domsalla (Sr.) ran 17:36, placing 21st overall out of 172 runners, and led the Prattville team to a 5th place finish out of 13 schools.
- Nathan Gillespie (Sr.), for the 2nd race in a row, dropped another 20 seconds from his PR to finish in Prattville’s 2nd scoring position.
- Dillon Tyler (Jr.), beating his PR for the 5th race in a row, cut 38 seconds to finish in Prattville’s 7th scoring position.
- Ryan Holtzscher (Jr.), Gabe Rissman (Fr.), Daniel Word (Sr.), & Jude Coulter (So.), helped the team take 5th place by finishing in Prattville’s 3rd, 4th, 5th, & 6th scoring positions respectively.
Congratulations to the following runners for setting new PRs:
- Catherine Ragsdale (7th Gr.) – 36 sec
- Sarah Holston (So) – 39 sec
- Emma Nelson (So.) – 57 sec
- Sydni Fuqua (Sr.) – 46 sec
- Nathan Gillespie (Sr) – 20 sec
- Tyler Dillon (Jr) – 38 sec
- Wolfe Dudle (So.) – 22 sec
- Raul Ortiz (Jr) – 15 sec
- Kaleb Arensmeyer (So) – 49 sec
- Jonathan Buchner (7th Gr.) – 55 sec
- Brodie Nummy (8th Gr.) – 17 sec
- Christopher Foster (7th Gr.) – 37 sec
- Dalton Atchison (So) – 25 sec
- Kayden Finkbeiner (Sr) – 6 sec
The top 10 runners from both the Men’s team and the Women’s team will try to qualify for the State Championship race at the AHSAA 7A Section 2 qualifier to be held Thursday Nov 2nd at Keisel Park in Auburn. Girls race at 11:00am; Boys race at 11:40am. The top 3 teams will qualify for States. Of the runners whose team did not qualify, the top 6 will qualify for States as individuals.
Good Luck to all of our Sectionals-bound runners!